Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Which is a better- Los Angeles or San Francisco? And Why?? Makes a difference in which school I choose.?


Which is a better- Los Angeles or San Francisco? And Why?? Makes a difference in which school I choose.?
I'm attending the Aveda Institute next spring and I don't know which one to choose because I have never visited I just know I would love California. So I need opinions..
San Francisco - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
LA has more enjoyable weather year round. SF has a much better public transportation network. If you have the budget for it, visit them both and make your decision accordingly.
2 :
although, I'm not from those two areas, I have been to both and I love SF better. Because of the weather (I like the cold) and the fog and the people. The north wine country and the forest. LA just scares me sometimes.
3 :
LA is mostly about the movie industry and supporting industries, so it has quite a bit of faux-glamour. The weather is consistently warm all year round. The traffic is unbearably bad. The city is actually a collections of lots of different suburban small towns, and it is really sprawled out. Lots of smog. San Francisco is much smaller (800,000 people or so, vs. the millions in LA). It is also much smaller in area, so it is very easy to get around without a car, by using the public transportation options. The traffic is marginally better than LA. The weather is consistently cool (50-60) and they do get a few spring rainshowers. San Francisco is less suburban and more urban. Of course, it is hilly. Both cities have beaches, are fairly close to outdoor recreation, have unique countercultures, and have a variety of options for entertainment/music. Both are prone to earthquakes.
4 :
Which is better, Rum Raisin or Peppermint Stick?
5 :
I like both. I have lived in both. I now live in O.C. San Francisco is great for their public transportation, museums, culture. The weather can be cold quite a bit. I find it a lot more crowded than L.A. L.A. is good because the weather is great most of the year. There is great night life, lots of outdoor activities. Just depends on what you are into.
6 :
Los angeles has better views and entertainment but transportation SUCKS! San Francisco- Earthquake prone city!..........But good transportation i live in SAN fran I recommend LA
7 :
ARe you driving? Yes- San Francisco and No for LA.
8 :
I would say San Francisco would be the better choice .I have lived in both places L A Is very difficult to get around. Very spread out ant traffic is a nightmare. San Francisco Is compact and has the best public transportation in the US. you don't need a car. (That could save you $ 1,000 a month.) and very easy to get around.
9 :
LA Theres not much to do in SF. Its really small Life in LA is more exciting. SF is more for hippies and stoners. Its also constnatly foggy in SF. Really depressing

Popular Posts