Monday, April 4, 2011

Which is better, going to school in San Francisco or Long Beach?


Which is better, going to school in San Francisco or Long Beach?
I am apply to seven colleges and two of them are San Francisco State and CSU Long Beach. I have my heart set on this college called Soka University, a private university somewhere in down in SoCal, but I might not get in. SFSU and CSULB are sort of my back up schools to fall on and when if it comes down to two of these schools I am not sure if. I come from a sort of dry town in Central California and I am looking for a college that is far from that, Soka is an exception. What do you think are the Pros and Cons of living in either city? I love the weather in both cities. I love the cultural savviness and the diversity of SF but I also love that there always seem to be other things to do down in SoCal and other major cities are just a drive away, either an hour down to a couple of minutes. Also SoCal just always seems more of a night life area to me. If you were me, what would you choose?
Higher Education (University +) - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
San Fran is expensive, but there is less chance of getting wounded or worse in a gang related drive by than if you went to Long Beach.
2 :
Soka is a crackpot school run by Eastern Religion fanatics. San Francisco State is extremely politicized and fanatically liberal. Long Beach is by the beach.
3 :
CSU Long Beach is a much better university academically. It is the second highest ranking CSU after Cal Poly-SLO. San Francisco State is probably the most highly impacted CSU. Many students have to wait more than one semester for places in needed classes and they take five or six years to graduate. There is a very pervasive one-sided political atmosphere on the campus which makes free discussion difficult or impossible in some humanities and social science classes. The campus is located in a very foggy corner of the city and is about as far from downtown San Francisco as it is possible to be without leaving the city. San Francisco is a more expensive place to live than Long Beach. Southern Californians who visit me in the San Francisco area tell me that San Francisco is 30% more expensive for basic living costs. Dormitory accommodation at SFSU is limited and most students have to live off campus. Rents are very high.
4 :
CSULB is overcrowded and the classes are hard to get each semester, stay up north.
5 :
I kid,it's me again. The best I can tell you is to saturate it with prayer & talking to many christians who walk with God(not the phonies) will help. Pray until God gives you the peace of God to show you which one He has for you.

Popular Posts