Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I feel hopeless, why can't I go to the college I want?


I feel hopeless, why can't I go to the college I want?
Well I live in Georgia. In the southeastern part to be exact. I'm under whats known as the hope scholarship. This means that a certain amount of money will be used to pay for books and dorms. It is hard though because they have raised the grade point average of receiving it. I'm not dumb it's just that I've had a hard time keeping on track to have achieve it. I want to go to a college in Jacksonville, Florida really bad. It would even make more sense because I live very close to Jacksonville but I'm on the border of the Georgia Line. I have the grades for it too. It's just the stupid HOPE. It doesn't apply to Florida schools, or any other schools out of my state because the prices are EXTREME! My dream ist to go to school in an environment with a bigger city and things to do (Jacksonville). Instead I'm stuck going to a rural Upper Georgia school in the middle of nowhere. I visited the campus yesterday and It really depressed me. What should I do?
Mental Health - 6 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
If you can't get into JacksonvilleU [ at least I think that's the college your talking about] you should think about UCF, that's Central Florida University its in Orlando and its a really great school with lots of stuff to do down there, Hope you get to go to the college you want but if not look up UCF.


2
- - Hey, If they are giving you money DON'T be difficult. Take what is offered. Get over it. That is the way life works. Maybe later, you can transfer to Jacksonville after you have saved some money from your new part-time job. Yea, I always worked when I was attending college. Variety is really the spice of life. Take any part-time job your college placement office offers. Good luck . . .


3
Don't give up yet. Call the HOPE Foundation and express to them your desire. I'm sure that something can be worked out. You could always apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships so you can attend the college of your choice. Have you considered online school? Try to remember you have a chance to go to school when many others don't. God meets you at the level of your needs, not your wants. Be grateful. You can continue on for a Bachelors Degree and Masters at different schools once you get through the first 2 years. Take this oppertunity while you can. It is the way up and out of your little town and on to bigger and better things :)


4
look on the bright side...


5
At times there are certain things that is beyond your control. And if you do not compromise with it the problem becomes more intense. So try to find some good quality about the place and try to adjust, sometimes its good to think ....... "grapes are sour". It makes you feel better and happier.


6
What's wrong of graduating on a rural school?Once you earn your degree and have a job then maybe that's the time to switch course and follow your dream.Does it make any sense to you?????

Popular Posts