Sunday, May 8, 2011

Which college should I choose: University of San Francisco, University of Minnesota, or University of Illinois?


Which college should I choose: University of San Francisco, University of Minnesota, or University of Illinois?
I REALLY want to go to SAN FRANCISCO! But, it costs a lot more than the other schools and ranks lower... But, I think I'd fit in SO WELL there... :( Frown as I see my dreams float out of my reach. Minnesota: 24k/yr. Illinois: 36k/yr. USF: 45k/yr If I chose USF, my parents could pay for about half and I'd have to pick up the other half... So this means when I graduate, I'd have about 45k in loans... I'm thinking that's not a good move. But, I don't know... Living in California (San Francisco) is the EPITOME of what I want. Sometimes, I'd just like to follow my dreams and trust that I'd get a good job. What would you do?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to look to see what is going to be your financial aid package at each school. Maybe USF will give you more money and end up being cheaper. I am looking to graduating with 45K + in loan debt, so be it because otherwise I could not attend school. School reputation is something that you have to consider, too. Believe it or not it plays on when someone is trying to hire you. What you seen in the yearly reports is not always accurate with what people actually think of the university/college. Follow your heart, you can always transfer if things don't go as you thought.
2 :
Don't go into debt at this point in your life. It looks like your parents could pay almost the entire cost in Minnesota. San Francisco is very expensive and many of the most attractive recreational activities require that one be over 21. Come to San Francisco for graduate school or your career. Part-time student jobs are difficult to find in San Francisco due to the demand for them and the condition of the economy.
3 :
Which one feels the most "right" for you after visiting them all? Once you've sat in on a couple of classes, hung out around the student center and chatted with some students, checked out the areas around the school, read the school bulletin boards and the school newspaper, you should have a better idea of what the schools are actually like. You can always "follow your dreams" once you're out of college. Good luck to you!

Popular Posts