Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Which is the best town/city to live in the San Francisco Bay area, California?


Which is the best town/city to live in the San Francisco Bay area, California?
I will be working in Santa Clara. So, I want to live near my job but willing to drive. I have kids so it's very important to me to live in a town with great public schools. Safe neighborhood. Great parks. Just a great community. What about Palo Alto vs. Cupertino? Santa Clara County?
San Francisco - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you are looking for a very nice city and a safe neihborhood with great schools, try Foster City in the San Mateo County. Watch the prices though! Foster City may be a little expensive, but you know your kids will be safe. The Police are great there, and the city is built in a canal just like Venice, Italy. So you can travel the whole city on a boat. The schools there are very good, and it is a clean environment. Trust me. (I live in Santa Clara! but use to live in Foster City)
2 :
I lived in Campbell & Los Gatos years ago. I miss it so much. Anyway, depending on your income, most of my family moved to Hollister. Great schools and still close to the beach. The other half of the family headed for Tracy. The Santa Clara Valley has changed like every where else with over populaion and cutting down the orchards etc. Santa Cruz Mountains are awful nice too. Good luck and stay away from Milpitas.
3 :
Orinda. It has the best schools in the state, it's very safe too. The only downside is a three bedroom house will cost you around a million dollars.
4 :
I recommand San Diego. It is such a lovely, safe and great neighborhood. Houses are expensive but it's worth it.
5 :
I've answered other questions like yours, and I will still have to say Millbrae would be the best for kids. It's about 30mins north of Santa Clara. Great public schools, very safe neighborhood, good weather, great community center (also big park w/ bbq areas) that has lots of activities for kids & adults (including summer programs). You can go to this website to compare statistics for crime, cost of living, etc for cities you're interested in: http://www.bestplaces.net/Default.aspx And get school ratings and reviews here (sign up with them and they will send you helpful newsletters) : http://www.greatschools.net/
6 :
I would say San Carlos is the best city in the bay area. Safe and quiet. Good for kids. Very expensive though. Foster City is another good city.
7 :
FREMONT!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts