Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm a smart student but I want to attend San Francisco State University, should I?


I'm a smart student but I want to attend San Francisco State University, should I?
I'm a smart student but I want to attend San Francisco State University, should I? Hello, I am a senior in High School and I'm on the verge of filling applications to Colleges. I really want to attend San Francisco State University but I hear it is a very mediocre school. I want to attend this school because I want to have a college experience in this city. However, I am scared that the academics of this school isn't up to par. So the question is should I? I want to major in business by the way. My "Resume"- 4.0 GPA Around a 1600 SAT score Played sports In ASB Honor/ AP classes Division 1, California Recognized High school Over 100 community service hours. Current Location: San Diego I love San Francisco, but should I resort to this school?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, quality of education depends on what you want to do. You have informed us of your major, but not of your ambitions. This makes advising difficult. SFSU should be a fine education. Depending on what you want to accomplish, it may or may not be the wisest fit for you. For fields like business, I am not sure how much it may matter anyway, given how far you ascend in a system depends more on you than what college you attend. Have you been to many other cities/states? You might love some other place as well. Berkeley is so close to SF, you can get there via BART easily, you can go anytime you want. Maybe you could get into Berkeley (hard to say given your not super specific resume regarding your activities, accolades, achievements, etc. Much more matters than SAT/GPA when applying to higher tier schools like Berkeley, because what you wrote down makes you sound just like every other applicant).

Popular Posts