Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How much does private Catholic elementary school cost per month ?


How much does private Catholic elementary school cost per month ?
Hello, my husband is Catholic and we are considering sending our child to private Catholic school when he is old enough to attend. Does anyone have any idea of how much it costs now ? We live in California in the San Francisco Bay Area. Thanks !
Parenting - 14 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I believe they are all different price ranges, depending on where you live, etc... You'll need to do a search in your area and start calling or see if they have web sites. Ask for brochures, etc... to be sent to your home.
2 :
Call your local parochial school and ask. I think you'll get more accurate answers that way.
3 :
where I live, tuition is roughly $5,000 per year, but I'm sure that price varies greatly by location.
4 :
I know some of them in Arizona start around a thousand dollars a month. They have tuition assistance programs if you have a limited income. You can always just call and ask. You can also set up an appointment to tour the school and ask questions.
5 :
Depends on the school, call a few you are interested in in can vary a huge amount, some here are $5000 a year, some are $15000 ... it really only takes a few minutes to get tuition prices.
6 :
It really varies among schools. I attended Catholic school from preschool to 8th grade (1993-2005, to give you an idea of when this was; tuition costs may be different now or in the future), and I believe it was around $2500 a year; however, this was in a small town in Illinois, and it may also vary by region. The quality of the school is also something to consider; check out the school (and consider factors like whether they have nuns or regular teachers, as things like that can make a difference in the cost) and see if it seems worth it to pay however much it costs. Catholic school is generally fairly expensive, so make sure you know what you're getting ahead of time.
7 :
It varies tremendously from school to school. I have seen Catholic schools that charge as little as $3,000 a year, and as much as $20,000. Think twice about sending your child to Catholic school at all. I went for 12 years, and if I had my life to live over, I wish my parents would have made a different decision regarding my education.
8 :
It depends on the school. If you check their websites out, they will sometimes have the tuition costs listed. Also, ask if you qualify for scholarships!
9 :
your gonna have to look around some have scholarships some dont some are expensive some arent it just all depends on the school itself
10 :
all depends if you belong to the church or not on cost...all are different...cost is more if you dont belong to the church...heres a question??are you catholic???there are kids in my boys class whom arnt and i find this odd because their parents dont go to church...in school they will also teach them the catholic religion....but i would never send my children to public schools the class sizes are smaller and they get more attention...be ready also to help out with school functions and fund raisers
11 :
It might also make a difference whether or not you are a member of the church that has the school too. Some parochial schools have member and non-member tuition rates. Our church contributes toward the school's funds. As we are members of the church and tithe, we get a reduced school tuition. I know of one catholic school in our area that does a LOT of fundraising-I think it has one fundraising event a month. Each family is expected to help with the fundraisers. Those who help get a reduced rate for that month. Those who don't help don't get the reduced rate.
12 :
It all depends. All schools are different. I went to a Christian school for a few years and It cost about $300/month. Plus you have registration fees around $100-$150 and then book fees and testing fees.
13 :
My boss sends his daughter to private school. I think he mentioned that it cost him around $4500 for the year. He also has to do so many hrs ( help out in the class room, clean up the campus, do fun raisers, etc).
14 :
It depends on the school and sometimes whether or not you are a member of the parish. Our diocese subsidizes Catholic education for Catholic families, so we only pay $400 a year, but I hear the average is ten times that amount.

Popular Posts