Thursday, June 30, 2011

If I go to University in an outside state, Can I still apply to Med School in California and get a good chance?


If I go to University in an outside state, Can I still apply to Med School in California and get a good chance?
I want to go to a college in Oklahoma or Arizona for personal reasons. I then want to either transfer back to a University of California or just apply to Medical School to UC Davis, or UC San Francisco, or UCLA. Will they be biased to me and not take me cause I will be applying from out of state? Also, I am in High school and I have 2 college classes. Do Medical schools look at these college classes that will be on my high school transcript? to the second answer : lets say hypothetically that i am not a california resident.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. Attending college out of state will not hurt your chances of being accepted by a California medical school. Medical schools will not ask to see your high school transcript, but if the college classes you have taken while in high school are relevant to science and medicine, you can mention them somewhere on your med school applications.
2 :
If the college classes are on a high school transcript only then no they will not ask for that transcript. If it's on a college transcript they will ask for it though, even if you took the course while you were in high school. As long as you're a CA resident, I don't think it makes a difference to medical schools in CA that you went to an undergrad not in CA. Edit then, just saw your update. If you were never a CA resident then you will just be treated as out of state, regardless.
3 :
Med schools don't care about what state you went to college in, they only care about GPA and test scores. I doubt you will get into med school though, you don't seem to be a bright person.

Popular Posts