Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am a senior in high school and want to eventually become a doctor. I live in Jacksonville,Fl.?


I am a senior in high school and want to eventually become a doctor. I live in Jacksonville,Fl.?
The University of North Florida is 5 minutes away from my house. However it doesn't have a college of medicine. It does have majors in science such as biology. I was wondering do i have to go to a college, such as University of Florida, that has a college of medicine or can i do all my 4 years a t UNF then transfer to a college of medicine. Or 2 years UNF and transfer for next 2 years at UF. I dont know what to do and which will be my best consideration. Please help. I would like to go to unf becuase it is really close by but will i still be able to become a doctor????
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
To go to medical school, you have to get your BS first. You can get your BS at the University of North Florida, and then apply to other schools. Also, you don't transfer to a medical school.


2
As the previous responder said, you can do your premed undergrad work (and possibly even some postgrad) at UNF.

Popular Posts