Monday, April 18, 2011

Does San Francisco State University or other state universities in california look at electives?


Does San Francisco State University or other state universities in california look at electives?
Currently I have a 3.02 GPA (Academic High School) with 1420 SAT and applied to San Francisco State and got a letter for Conditional Admission.I have everything in A-G covered, 3 years of foreign language, 4 years of math up to calculus, 4 years of english, chemistry at a community college with biology at high school, 2 years of history and government and college prep course done as well. I am also currently passing with straight B's senior year as well. Reason why I am worried is that in sophomore year I took half a semester of student aide and in junior year I took a year of student aide. I am also currently taking another year of student aide. My counselor then told me it may affect my application to colleges that Im taking so many aide courses. There really is no course electives that interest me and alot of teacher's needed aides throughout the years. There are other people taking courses like video game design and taking multiple periods off. I have completed all the A-G courses and more academics. Along with around 10 units in college through community college courses/AP courses. Would being an aide for 2 and a half years instead taking another course really affect my college admission? *Note: already found out it would not affect me getting my high school diploma*
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
conditional admission means you're admitted. just maintain a 2.5-3.0 or so and you'll be fine. they just say "conditional" because you have to do paperwork stuff like sending your final transcript, sat scores, signing up for orientation and stuff. just focus following the instructions on your gator admission site, keep a good gpa, and maybe find housing

Popular Posts