Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can I make a decent living being an LPN in San Francisco?


Can I make a decent living being an LPN in San Francisco?
I'm about to go into nursing school, and when I graduate I really want to look into moving to the San Francisco area. Every time I bring this up to people, all anyone has to say is something negative about how expensive it is living in California. Are things really that bad? If I get a job as an LPN can I still make a decent living for myself?
San Francisco - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As a LPN you will always be able to find work but as to if you would be able to make a living in SF that is more difficult to answer. Your wage will be higher than it would in say Nebraska but so will the cost of living. Rental units start at about $1100/mo for a studio in The City. Many people here have roommates which can be a good way to pay less in rent. You can also find slightly less expensive in the east bay and south bay but will have to factor in commute costs. If you live and work in The City you won't need a car and not having one can cut down on the overall cost of living. You can get some idea of what is available by checking the rental listings on Craig's List. http://www.craigslist.org
 


Popular Posts